The Horizon Europe Work Programme 2023 for food bioeconomy, natural resources, agriculture and the environment has been published and includes calls for proposals (‘topics’ in jargon) that are particularly relevant for rural areas and communities.
The Work programme for 2023 2024 includes 100 topics proposing over 880 Millions of EU funding to support the best actions selected through competitive calls for proposals.
Several calls are part of the rural vision flagship initiative “research and innovation for rural communities” and will fund dedicated rural research projects, such as, under destination 6 “Communities”, for 2023:
- HORIZON-CL6-2023-COMMUNITIES-01-1: Enhancing social inclusion in rural areas: focus on people in a vulnerable situation and social economy (EUR 10 million, 2 grants)
- HORIZON-CL6-2023-COMMUNITIES-01-2: Improving rural future through better territorial governance and rural-urban synergies (EUR 11 million, 2 grants)
- HORIZON-CL6-2023-COMMUNITIES-01-3: International benchmarking of rural and territorial policies and delivery mechanisms (EUR 3 million, 1 grant)
- HORIZON-CL6-2023-COMMUNITIES-01-4: Investigating the contribution of geographical indications (GIs) to sustainable development and optimising support for newly established schemes (EUR 3 million, 1 grant)
And for 2024:
- HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-01-2: Societal perceptions and benefits of rural life and jobs: will COVID 19 generate a long-lasting shift? (EUR 6 million, 1 grant)
- HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-01-3: Participation and empowerment of arctic coastal, local, and indigenous communities in environmental decision-making (EUR 3 million, 1 grant)
- HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-02-1-two-stage: Innovating for climate-neutral rural communities by 2050 (EUR 10 million, 2 grants)
- HORIZON-CL6-2024-COMMUNITIES-02-2-two-stage: New sustainable business and production models for farmers and rural communities (EUR 12 million, 2 grants)
Applications for calls 2023 will open on 22 December 2022 and close on 12 April 2023.
Applications for calls 2024 will open on 17 Oct 2023 and close on 22 Feb 2024 (First Stage and single stage) and 17 Sep 2024 (Second Stage).
Info days about the Work Programme 2023 - Cluster 6 took place on 13 and 14 December. Recording of the sessions will soon be available online (under "Programme"). Look in particular at the recording from destination 6 “Resilient communities”.
- Data di pubblicazione
- 20 dicembre 2022
- Direzione generale dell’Agricoltura e dello sviluppo rurale | Direzione generale della Politica regionale e urbana