Testifying to the Commission’s renewed commitment to rural communities and the development of rural areas, this Communication proposes a Rural Action Plan. It will:
- foster territorial cohesion and create new opportunities to attract innovative businesses;
- provide access to quality jobs;
- promote new and improved skills;
- ensure better infrastructure and services;
- leverage the role of sustainable agriculture and diversified economic activities.
Its thematic part is structured against the four block of actions and articulated around nine flagship initiatives and fifteen accompanying actions.
Each action will bring different EU policy areas together to deliver on the vision, and its shared goals.
Six cross-cutting actions complete the picture.